An integrated, science-based approach to health
New patients often come to me with chronic or complex medical problems. We consider the symptoms in the context of the whole person, to help get to the core of your health issue. Treatments include therapeutic diets, botanical medicine, acupuncture, lifestyle counselling (including exercise and stress- management techniques) and nutritional supplements.
Naturopathic medicine starts with listening
You’ll see from your first visit that I’ll ask you many questions and listen hard. Physical observations and lab testing also help build a diagnosis. We invest heavily in listening time and data-gathering.
- The big-picture approach helps us get to the root of the problem
- We identify and pay considerable attention to
- The origins of your issue or disease
Interactions in your background, physiology, and lifestyle; external (physical and social environment) and internal (mind/body / spirit) factors.
Together, this information helps us paint a complete picture so that we can understand the why of your health concerns, the underlying causes of disease. We engage in a partnership, piecing together the sequence of events leading to your health issue. Then we create and implement a personal, patient-centered treatment plan that allows you to be in charge of improving your own health and changing the outcome of the disease.
The strength of our approach
With few exceptions, Naturopathic Doctors cannot and do not prescribe drugs. We concentrate on identifying and addressing the core reasons for your health issues.
We often work collaboratively with GPs and other allied health professionals to help our patients reach optimal health.
We can, and do, devote more time to the whole you – genetic, biological, and environmental – in finding solutions.
I treat a wide range of health conditions
I treat a broad range of health concerns and work with you to prevent the progression of the disease, and minimize or eliminate the concern.
- Immune support – to reduce frequency and duration of colds, flus and recurrent or
- Cardiovascular health, including blood pressure and blood cholesterol
- Depression/anxiety prevention and management
- Skin concerns, including acne and rashes
- Stress-related concerns, including anxiety, depression , insomnia, difficulty focusing
Complex chronic illness
- Mold and mycotoxin illness
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- Fibromyalgia (FM)
- Chronic Infections
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Gas/Bloating
Food sensitivities and allergies
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) Irregular periods